Wednesday, July 23, 2008

potty training

Although I am still pouting because one of my owners, the one with long hair, left for her 2-weeks summer camp, I decided that it is ok for her brother to help me blog once in a while.
I joined my owners' household when I was 7 1/2 weeks old (pic.).
The moment I arrived at my owner's home that day, my owners used a dog treat to lure me through the doggie door. Once through the door, they picked me up and put me on the far end of the grass area in the backyard. I did my thing, then they called me through the doggie door. That night, my owners made a nice cozy bed inside a crate where I could sleep. They placed the opened crate door facing the doggie door and I had an accident-free night. The next night, they placed the crate a few feet away from the doggie door. By the third night, I was allowed to roam the house and I never had any accident in the house. I also never slept in that crate again...Now I sneak onto my owners' beds at night or I lie right on top of the stairs where they could potentially trip over me in the dark.
Shiba Inus are pretty smart, eh? Now if only I can figure out how to get into the netting in the garden to get some strawberries and blueberries.
I will not be blogging everyday as I am still pouting, but please read my older posts at the meantime and feel free to comment about what you like to know about my life here in Sunny California.

1 comment:

  1. i think i like your long-haired owner helping you blog better.....
    when i first came, i slept in my carrier as it was more comfortable than my bed. Smart, huh?
    and i won't mention that i used to be scared of the piano... whoops!

    -Raven the Cat

    ReplyDelete