Sunday, June 8, 2008

Concert of the Owls


Early morning two of my owners took me on a walk downtown. We walked down, and went to get coffee and blueberry scones. As we were strolling back, we passed a house that had an owl living near it.
As we went by, it called "hoo hoo hoo, hooo, hooo" It was quite loud, so by the time we were half-way back to our house we could still hear it. He called again , but this time, we heard a response. "hoo hoo ... hoooo hooo hooo" As we walked back to our house we still heard both of them, hooting one by one. As we walked up the driveway, we heard another owl. "ho-ooo hoo, hoo hoo hoo"
This was the call of the owl that lives in our backyard! I could still hear the call of the first and second owl.s The three owls conversed in owl for a long time. My owners think that they were trying to find each other. I think that they just are having a concert. They kept it up for another hour or so. But it is day so they went to sleep.
I bet you 100 doggie treats that tonight, they will start up again and find eachother. Well, I cound always enjoy hearing little baby owls.

1 comment:

  1. are you sure that those aren't mourning doves? mourning doves DO sound like owls.

    -Raven the Cat

    ReplyDelete